City of Markham    
    
   
Markham Register of Property of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest
 
Address: 174 MAIN ST
Original Address:
Property Legal Description: CON 5 PT LT 12
Historical Name: The Queen's Hotel
Heritage Conservation District: Unionville
Ward: 3
Year Built: 1871 -
Architect Style: Second Empire
Heritage Status of Property: Part V (Heritage)
Designation Bylaw:
Heritage Easement Agreement: No
       
History Description
The Queens Hotel built by John Stephenson when the railway came. Proprietors have been Hemingway, Webber, and Sisley. During the Findley years (1924-1979) the south part was a pool hall, the centre was a barber shop and the north was a dining room, with candy and ice cream.
 
Contemporary Photograph Heritage Photograph
       
Key Map
Please note that the red boundary is not indicative of the actual heritage area and is only meant to highlight the property the heritage building(s) is located at. For a complete description of the actual heritage property please refer to the Designation Bylaw found above.

   
  © Corporation of the City of Markham