City of Markham    
    
   
Markham Register of Property of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest
 
Address: 7 STATION LANE
Original Address:
Property Legal Description: PLAN 190 PT LOTS A B & C CON 5 PT LOT 11 RS65R16593 PART 1
Historical Name: The Unionville Train Station
Heritage Conservation District: Unionville
Ward: 3
Year Built: 1871 -
Architect Style: Vernacular
Heritage Status of Property: Part V (Heritage)
Designation Bylaw:
Heritage Easement Agreement: No
       
History Description
Built in 1871 as the Toronto-Nipissing Railway Company was extended from Scarborough to Uxbridge (completed July 1, 1871) and ultimately, Coboconk (completed November 1872). The arrival of the railway greatly stimulated growth in Unionville and development of the southern part of the village began. H.P. Crosby was instrumental in bringing the railway closer to Unionville. The Unionville station is one of the few 19th century village stations remaining at trackside in Southern Ontario.
 
Contemporary Photograph Heritage Photograph
       
Key Map
Please note that the red boundary is not indicative of the actual heritage area and is only meant to highlight the property the heritage building(s) is located at. For a complete description of the actual heritage property please refer to the Designation Bylaw found above.

   
  © Corporation of the City of Markham