THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF MARKHAM
1) That the May 24, 2016 report “Whistle Cessation on Stouffville Go Line – Progress Update” be received; and,
2) That York Region be requested to implement a 24-hour anti-whistling by-law for their 6 Regional road grade crossings on the Stouffville GO Line from Kennedy Road (South) to Major Mackenzie Drive East; and,
3) That York Region be requested to budget $2.20M in their 2017 budget year for their assessed cost of crossing upgrades for anti-whistling on the Stouffville Line, and,
4) That Metrolinx be requested to budget $1.94M in their 2017 budget year for their share of grade crossing upgrades on the Stouffville Line; and,
5) That Staff provide a further progress update in Fall 2016; and further,
6) That Staff be authorized and directed to do all things to give effect to this resolution.